Gurukul Scholarship and Admission Test (GSAT) ) is conducted every year for selecting students for admission into AMBITION GURUKUL’s Classroom Coaching Program and Gurukul School Program for students of Class VI to XII who also wish to appear for competitive exams like IIT JEE(Main + Advanced) or NEET in future.
REGISTRATION FOR GSAT:
The application forms for GSAT test will be made available from 5th November 2017 to 31st December 2017 in the first phase. Students can give the test from our exam center locations, on 10th December 2017 and 7th January 2018. For students who miss the opportunity to appear for GSAT on these 2 dates, Ambition Gurukul will announce the second phase of GSAT in February 2018. To register for GSAT all you need to do is:
- Register for GSAT by filling the application form available at our front office, information Centers or from your schools.
- The application form is also available on our website www.ambitiongurukul.com
- The application Fee of INR 200/- can be paid at any of our centers in cash, through Demand Draft or online through Internet Banking, Debit/Credit Cards.
- Once you have successfully submitted your application for GSAT, you will be issued a unique registration number (Form Number).
- Your admit card will be available for download from our website one week before your exam date. You can use your registration number (Form Number) to download and print your admit card.
- A sample paper for practice will be available on our website from 20th December 2017 which you can download and practice before appearing for GSAT.
- For any clarification or information students can call our helpline number 8081880066 from Monday to Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Syllabus of the GSAT Test:
The syllabus for the test is the first term syllabus of current Class that the student is studying in and questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics (including Mental Ability). The syllabus is also mentioned on our website www.ambitiongurukul.com and in the Sample Teat Paper set given with the admission packet. The same can be downloaded ‘free’ from our Website www.ambitiongurukul.com
On the basis of performance in GSAT students are admitted in Classroom Programs and outstanding performers are awarded scholarships under the various scholarship programs of Ambition Gurukul.
EXAMINATION PATTERN (STRUCTURE OF QUESTION PAPER):
|Number of Questions|
|Class||Section A (Physics)||Section B (Chemistry)||Section C (Biology)||Section D (Maths)||Section E (Mental Ability)||Total Marks||Marking Scheme|
|7th to 10th||20||20||20||20||20||100||+4,-1|
|11th & 12th||30||30||40||40||–||100||+4,-1|
NOTE: There will be no negative marking on Section E (Mental Ability) for all the classes
Test cities/Centres for GSAT:
GSAT is conducted in most of the major cities of the Eastern UP. The list of cities for GSAT is available on the Institute’s website and in the GSAT Guide. (The Institute reserves the right to include or exclude any of the test cities).
|Cities/Towns in which GSAT will be conducted on 8th January, 2018|
How to prepare for GSAT:
- Please go through the syllabus of your respective class mentioned in this GSAT Guide and prepare for GSAT by studying the chapters mentioned in the Syllabus of your Class. You can also download the GSAT Syllabus of your class from our website and prepare for GSAT.
- Go through the sample test Papers provided with this GSAT Guide or download the sample paper of your class from our website for practice and try to solve them.
- The test centre and venue, date & time etc. (as mentioned on GSAT admit card) will remain unchanged until communicated in writing from the Institute.
- A student has to make his/her own arrangements of conveyance, boarding & lodging etc. to appear in GSAT at any of the test centers and no reimbursement of any expenses shall be made in this respect.
Result of GSAT:
The result of GSAT will be available on Institute’s website- www.ambitiongurukul.com from the declared dates (21st January, 2018 for the First Phase) and shall also be communicated to the parents on the mobile number given by them in the application form. It shall not be available or communicated through the Institute’s notice board, on telephone (at reception) or in writing from Institute
Any canvassing for admission may put the student/parents into legal and/or administrative trouble. The Institute will not be held responsible for any financial loss or harassment of any nature occurred to the student/parents because of the canvassing for admission. Hence parents/students are advised to stay away from canvassing in any form.
GSAT AWARDS and SCHOLARSHIP
SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA FOR GSAT
Scholarship Criteria for Top 100 Students of Each Class (From Class 6th to 12th) Studying Students
|TABLE-I – SCHOLARSHIP ON THE BASIS OF RANK|
|Category||Rank||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee)||Hostel Fee Waiver Per Month (Wherever Available)|
|A||01 – 10||100% waiver||100% waiver||4000|
|B||11-20||80% waiver||100% waiver||4000|
|TABLE-II – SCHOLARSHIP ON THE BASIS OF RANK|
|Category||GSAT MARKS (Out of 400)||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee)||Hostel Fee Waiver Per Month (Wherever Available)|
|F||361-400||100% waiver||100% waiver||4000|
|F||321-360||80% waiver||100% waiver||3000|
|H||280-320||70% waiver||70% waiver||2000|
|I||241-280||60% waiver||50% waiver||Chargeable|
|J||201-240||50% waiver||40% waiver||Chargeable|
|District Topper ( Rank 1 of Each District where GSAT was Conducted)1||Lenovo Calling Tablet Phone|
|School Topper2||Trophy + Cash Reward of Rs. 2100/-2 and Free Admission to our Distance Learning Course|
Terms and Conditions:
- 1. District Topper rewards will be given in all districts where a GSAT Centre was declared. The topper of each district will be identified on the basis of total marks scored in GSAT and will be given to only one student from each district, irrespective of which class the student belongs to. Which means that only one student from class 6th to 12th from each district will be eligible to receive this reward.
- 2. School Topper reward will be given to students only from those schools from where over 50 students have participated in GSAT. School Toppers will be identified on the basis of total marks scored in GSAT and will be given to only one student from each school, irrespective of which class the student belongs to. Which means that only student from class 6th to 12th from each School will be eligible to receive this reward.
- 3. To be eligible for Rank Rewards and Cash Awards, the student must have scored more than 240 Marks out of 400 Marks. In the situation where a student has secured 1st Rank in any category but has a GSAT score of less than 240/400, he/she will not be eligible for any Rank Rewards or Cash Awards.
- 4. To be eligible for Scholarships in Ambition Gurukul’s Classroom Course or DLP Course, the student should have a minimum GSAT score of 120/400. Students scoring less than 120/400 can also seek admission to Ambition Gurukul’s Courses without scholarship.
- 5. To be eligible for Prizes and Cash Awards, it is mandatory for the students to join our Distance Learning Program (DLP) Course before 31st December, 2017 irrespective of whether they join our Classroom course or not. Once the DLP Enrolment is done, it will not be cancelled in any case. The students will fill separate enrolment form for DLP. No fee will be charged for DLP Course. It will be 100% Free.
- 6. Students who pay their Registration Feei, Admission Feeii & Tuition Fee (1st Instalment) on or before 31st Dec., 2017 shall be given FREE Books for their Current Class (For example -Costing for Class XI 5,999/- & Class XII 6,999/-) totally FREE OF COST so that they can perform better in their School / Board Exams. To be eligible for this benefit, the student must have deposited the first instalment of his fees and the instalment amount should be equal to or more than 5000/-
(i) Registration Fee for each Classroom Course is 590/- (Inclusive of GST @18%)
(ii)Admission Fee for each Classroom Course is 5900/- (Inclusive of GST @18%)
- 7. The merit list for successful candidates will be prepared by listing them in the descending order of the total marks scored by them in GSAT. However, there may be ties and such ties will be broken by sequentially applying the following set of rules:
(i)Candidate having higher marks in Mathematics/Biology will be preferred
(ii)Candidate having higher marks in Physics(For Class XI and XII) / Science (For Class VI to X)
(iii)If both the conditions above are not able to act as a Tie Breaker, then the reward will be divided equally among the students who have tied for that particular rank. In case of the reward being indivisible, an amount equivalent to the monetary value of that reward will be distributed equally between the students who have tied for the same rank. For the purpose of Scholarship to Ambition Gurukul’s classroom program or DLP Course, all students will be entitled to the same amount of scholarship in their Tuition Fees as declared originally in the GSAT Rewards Programme.
Important Instruction For GSAT:
1. Kindly fill the enclosed GSAT Registration Form and submit along with your self-attested photocopy of class VI / VII / VIII / IX / X / XI / XII mark-sheet (as applicable), 4 passport size colour photographs and cash / demand draft of 200/- in favour of ‘Ambition Training Institute’. In case mark-sheet is not available, students can enrol by submitting a self attested photocopy of their Identity Card issued by the school.
2. Online Registration Facility is also available on our website: www.ambitiongurukul.com, from where student can download his/her Admit Card for appearing in GSAT 2017/18 mentioning his/her Roll No. and Exam Centre name. Your Roll No. will be available one week before the GSAT date you have applied for.
3. Last date of receiving duly filled Registration Form by post at Registered Office or by hand at nearest Ambition Gurukul Centre or through online submission is 30th November, 2017 (Thursday) before 7:00 PM for GSAT exam to be conducted on 10th December 2017.
4. GSAT Registration Form can also be accepted after 30th November, 2017 with a late fee of 50/- till 2nd December, 2017 (Saturday) by post at Registered Office or by hand at nearest Ambition Gurukul Centre or through Online Submission before 7:00 PM. No forms will be accepted after 2nd December, 2017 for GSAT exam to be conducted on 10th December 2017.
5. Last date of receiving duly filled Registration Form by post at Registered Office or by hand at nearest Ambition Gurukul Centre or through online submission is 28th December, 2017 (Thursday) before 7:00 PM for GSAT to be conducted on 7th January 2018.
6. GSAT Registration Form can also be accepted after 28th December, 2017 with a late fee of 50/- till 30th December, 2017 (Saturday) by post at Registered Office or by hand at nearest Ambition Gurukul Centre or through Online Submission before 7:00 PM. No forms will be accepted after 30th December, 2017 for GSAT to be conducted on 7th January 2018.
7. The exam will be a Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based paper, which will be conducted on Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet. A Sample of OMR sheet is attached with the Sample Paper for your reference on our website.
8. The result of successful candidates in GSAT 2017/18 shall be displayed on our website: www.ambitiongurukul.com mentioning the Names, Roll Nos. & Ranks of the students along with eligible scholarship.
9. Meaning of Scholarship: Scholarship means Fee Concession, Fee Discount, Fee Waiver. All such Concession/Discount/Waiver will be applicable only on the Tuition Fee and shall exclude Registration Fees and Admission Fees. If at any point of time, the government decides to charge GST on the scholarship/concession amount/fee waiver, then the GST shall be borne by the student / parent / guardian.
10. Selected candidates will be provided classroom coaching as per the choice of their study centre (at existing Ambition Gurukul centres only) but if a student wants to change the study centre, written permission for the same will have to be taken from the Director, Ambition Gurukul.
11. The students joining 1-year course shall be eligible for Scholarship for 1 year only. However, those students who join our 2-year program (class VII & VIII combined, class IX & X combined or class XI & XII combined) shall be eligible for continued scholarship for the entire period of 2 years subject to Terms & Conditions.
12. Maximum scholarship for a student shall not exceed 100% of overall tuition fee of his/her course in any case whatsoever.
13. Hostel facility is available on a chargeable basis.